IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
? This symbol is to alert you to important operating or servicing instructions that appear in your instructions. Always follow basic safety precautions when using this product to reduce the risk of injury, fire or electric shock.
? This light is for off road and utility use only. It is not designed for road use as a driving light.
? The RadioRay® complies with Part. 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This light and remote may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this light and remote must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
? FCC RULE Part. 15.21 - Changes or modifications made by the user not expressly approved by Golight, Inc. for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
For safe and efficient operation of your Golight® RadioRay®, observe these guidelines:
Using your RadioRay® in icing conditions could damage the gear motors.
The remote must be kept clean and dry to avoid damage to the internal circuitry.
Your Golight® RadioRay® is a radio transmitter and receiver operating at 433MHz. Whenever the light is on, the internally mounted antenna sends out and receives radio frequency (RF) energy.
• Modern electronic equipment, i.e. Personal medical devices such as pacemakers, hearing aids, etc., are shielded from RF energy. However, RF energy may affect some electronic equipment.
• Vehicle electronic systems may be affected by RF energy.Check with your vehicle manufacturer representative to be sure that your RadioRay® will not affect the electronic system of your vehicle.
HALOGEN BULB REPLACEMENT / PARTS / ACCESSORIES
The Golight® RadioRay® utilizes a Philips® H-9 bulb, which may be purchased through Golight, Inc. along with other parts and accessories.
THREE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Golight, Inc. warrants the RadioRay® against any deemed defects that are due to workmanship for parts or faulty materials, except halogen lamps, for three years from the date of the original purchase. This warranty to the RadioRay® does not cover damage resulting from unreasonable use or misuse, unreasonable
maintenance or loss, or labor costs.
Mounting the light upside down will void the warranty.
Warranty information must be filled out within 30 days of purchase at: http://golight.com/products/registration.html, for warranty protection.
If the Golight® RadioRay® does fail to operate under warranted specifications, send the light and remote controls postage paid, plus $9.95 for shipping and handling to: Golight, Inc. • Service Department • 37146 Old Hwy 17 • Culbertson, NE 69024-8226. No C.O.D.’s accepted. Only the above manufacturer is authorized to perform warranty repair or replace product.
Any consequential damages to person or property are excluded from this warranty. Some states do not allow the exclusion and limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights.
The Golight® RadioRay® is a Portable Searchlight designed to be permanently or temporarily attached to a vehicle for your specific use. The 2-Speed Searchlight with Directional
Flexibility is controlled by a wireless remote, which gives the operator a full 370° horizontal rotation and a 135° vertical tilt with fingertip control. The RadioRay® provides superior light penetration with Cr5 PentaBeam™ technology in a halogen configuration or with state of the art P-Vex™ lens and LED technology.
The RadioRay® Includes:
• RadioRay® Searchlight
• Remote Control
• 2 A23 12V Batteries
• Permanent/Magnetic Mounting Shoe
(Press spring lock to release and remove light.)
• Permanent Mounting Gasket
• Rockguard (not Available with LED units)
1. Always clean mounting surface with a clean cloth.
2. Remove light from permanent mount shoe by depressing spring-loaded lock and sliding light out.
3. Place suction base on clean, dry surface and move side lever into the locked position.
WARNING: Check the suction cup frequently to ensure that suction strength is maintained. Temperature
variations, rough terrain, grease and dirt affect the length of time that the suction cup will remain in place. Suction mounting is not recommended for road use.
1. On clean, dry surface, place gasket and shoe in desired
location. Using 3/16” screws, attach shoe to vehicle.
2. Slip the RadioRay® into the shoe. Verify that the spring lock secures the RadioRay® into the shoe. An optional magnetic mounting shoe is available (see web store).
1. Select the best location on your vehicle for the magnetic mount. Make sure the metal area under the magnetic base is flat and clean to ensure a strong bond.
2. Route the power cord into the vehicle through a door frame and connect to 12V power outlet.
The magnetic mount Golight® RadioRay® should be removed from vehicle’s exterior while traveling at excessive speeds and in strong wind conditions.
PROGRAMMABLE REMOTE INSTRUCTIONS
The Golight® RadioRay® is controlled with a programmable remote with 2187 different channels. This feature allows you the freedom to change the channel selection, and the receiver relearns the new selection.
PROGRAMMING THE TRANSMITTER.
This light has been pre-programmed at the factory, it is not
necessary to re-program the transmitter, but is recommended.
1. IMPORTANT: Disconnect power.
2. Remove battery cover from remote control.
3. Set the 7 dip switches to a selection of your choice. There are 3 positions on each; positive, negative and neutral. Use a small screwdriver and select a position for each dip switch. *Please note that the orientation of the +/- switch positions may vary among different models of wireless remote controls.
4. Insert both A23 12 V batteries with the +/– in the same direction. Be sure batteries have adequate charge.
5. Replace battery cover.
a. Depress the on/off button and hold it down. Red LED will light.
b. While holding the on/off button down, reinstall the power (plug the cigarette lighter plug in).
c. Keep on/off button depressed for 5-6 seconds, and then release. The light should now be programmed.
OPERATION OF GOLIGHT® RADIORAY®
1. Place your RadioRay® into the mounting shoe or attach to the outside of your vehicle (see mounting instructions).
2. Plug your RadioRay® into your vehicle’s cigarette lighter outlet or12 Volt direct battery hookup.
3. Using the remote control, turn on the light by depressing the on/off button.
4. With the 4-way arrows on the remote control, rotate your light to the desired location. Depending upon conditions, the wireless remote may be used up to 80 feet from the RadioRay®.
5. The speed of the light rotation can be controlled by depressing the tortoise/hare button one time and by depressing it again to restore the original speed.
6. Unplug and remove light from vehicle. Store the light and remote control in optional carrying case when not in use to extend the life of your RadioRay®.
7. The spotlight should not be turned on when the snap on lens cover (rockguard) is attached. (Not applicable for LED)
BATTERY INSTALLATION AND DISPOSAL
• Remove Battery Cover: remove the phillips head screw
securing the battery cover then remove the cover. With the battery compartment now exposed, insert batteries according to correct polarity. Remove the batteries by gripping the
positive end of each battery and lifting.
For information regarding the proper disposal/recycling of the batteries contact Golight at 800.557.0098
Use only 12v-A23 batteries in the Golight remote control
» This light is intended for off-road and utility use only
» This light is intended to be mounted outside the vehicle while in use
» This light may only be disassembled and repaired by an
» This light is not approved for road or highway use
» This light is not approved for underwater use
» This light is not approved for inverted mounting
» This light is not approved for use inside a vehicle or enclosure and power should be disconnected prior to placing the light in such circumstance
» This light may be damaged if operated in icing conditions
» This light may only be dismantled by an authorized Golight representative
» Any violation of the above referenced misuses will be considered grounds for warranty refusal