The GXL® is an LED, fixed-mount work light offering incredible
intensity and durability in a small package. Utilizing the latest in
LED, lens and reflective technology, the GXL® casts light where
you need it.
Bracket to mounting surface hardware:
1. Qty. 1: GXL® light head with 3ft., 2 wire power lead
2. Qty. 1: Mounting bracket
3. Qty. 2: 3/8” x 1 ¼” carriage bolts
4. Qty. 2: Large flat washers
5. Qty. 2: 3/8 in. lock nuts
Bracket attachment hardware:
6. Qty. 2: Spacers
7. Qty. 4: 1/4” x 1 1/8” socket head cap screws (allen screws)
8. Qty. 4: Locknuts
9. Qty. 4: Small flat washers
10. Qty. 2: Thumb Screws (optional)
Mounting / Installation:
1. Determine a suitable mounting location for the light.
2. Once a location has been decided upon, use the mounting
bracket as a template to mark appropriate bolt-hole locations—
note that the vertical adjustment channel on the bracket indicates
the posterior side of the bracket/light(refer to diagram).
3. The GXL® can be mounted using one or both of the provided
carriage bolts. If future adjustment along the horizontal access is
desired, the light should be affixed using one bolt inserted through
the center mounting hole. If the light is to remain static along the
horizontal axis, both bolts should be used to affix the light and
should utilize the holes nearest the vertical arm on the either side
of the mounting bracket.
4. Drill mounting holes using a 7/16” drill bit.
**Before attaching the mounting bracket to the surface, attach
the mounting bracket to the GXL® :
5. When attaching the mounting bracket to the GXL® , the
included oval spacers must be installed between the bracket
and GXL® to ensure a proper fit.
6. After inserting the spacers into their receptacle on the right
and left lateral of the GXL® (refer to diagram) the arms of the
mounting bracket can be positioned over the spacers with the
pivot hole and vertical channel aligned with the corresponding
7. The mounting bracket should be affixed using the allen screws
and lock nuts provided. Slide the inward facing lock nuts into the
channels molded into the heat sink on the back of the light. The
channels are molded in such a manner that no tool is required
to hold the nut in place while tightening. The included thumb
screws may be utilized in place of the socket head cap screws
in the vertical channel to facilitate easier vertical adjustment.
Installation of the thumb screw should follow the same procedure
as the socket head cap screw. Take care not to over tighten the
associated hardware in the pivot hole.
8. Insert the allen screws through the holes and thread them into
their corresponding nut.
9. After attaching the mounting bracket to the GXL® align the
bracket with the pre-drilled hole/holes and affix the unit with the
supplied carriage bolt/bolts.
10. Adjust GXL® to desired position and tighten all hardware.
Wiring Procedure and Power Requirements:
1. Extend the red (+) wire to a customer supplied on/off switch
2. Extend another wire from the on/off switch to the positive (+)
terminal of the vehicle battery. Installation of an in-line 7-10 amp
fuse is recommended.
3. Extend the black (-) wire to the negative (-) terminal of the
vehicle battery or to a solid chasis ground.
4. Please take note that appropriately sized (awg) must be
installed according to the length of wire and the necessary
capacity. The GXL will draw 5.5 amps (nominal) at 12V DC and
2.5 amps (nominal) at 24V DC. The GXL® will accept voltage
between 9V-36V DC.