New Product! BoT RoP® Retractable Mooring Line
BoT RoP®, A retractable mooring line that saves time and frustration mooring your boat, while adding safety around the dock.
We've all done it. We pull into the dock after a fun day on the water and forget where our lines are. The driver and passengers frantically search for them while trying not to hit the dock and damage the boat. Finally, a passenger finds the algae-infested, frayed mooring line and frustratingly ties the boat with a haphazard knot on the bulky cleat. Meanwhile, the driver finds some crazy way to tie up the other side, with the line woven between two posts with some knot they learned in boy scouts.
Well, BoT RoP® (Boat Rope) solves this problem with its retractable mooring system, that replaces traditional three-strand dock lines and toe-stubbing cleats. Inside a rust proof enclosure, the lockable mooring device stores and protects the double braided mooring line and the plastic coated snap hook. Flush to the surface, there is nothing to trip over, thus providing safety while walking on the dock. To help find BoT RoP after dark, a solar-powered LED light is installed on the cover.
• Sits flush to the boat dock so there aren't any cleats to trip over, thus eliminating injury and safety hazards.
• The convenient retractable line makes it easy to find the length you need, in addition to concealing the rope back into the canister to eliminate tripping hazards.
• A solar LED light illuminates the area, eliminating tripping hazards and ensuring safety, while allowing you to spot your dock and moor at night.
• The stainless steel lockable latch prevents thieves from stealing the entire device or the mooring line.
• The product's coating and stainless steel parts prevent corrosion and rust to ensure longevity.
• The stainless steel spring, along with the retractable line, allows the user to conceal the rope in a clean and safe place, out of the elements and free from algae.
1. 7/16th inch double braid nylon rope (white).
2. 9 1/2 feet of rope. line can be changed to reach 11 1/2 feet.
3. moors boats up to 35 feet or 7500 lbs and below unless rope change.
4. Made of Stainless steel, Aluminum, and steel.
5. UPC-6 9426399844 2 (Flush Mount-Eye) UPC-6 0240154861 9 (Flush Mount-Snap Hook).
6. 8 pounds per unit.
7. An eye-loop or coated snap hook at the end of the rope for easy mooring.
8. stainless steel/spring loaded Automatic retractable system.
9. powder coated in an epoxy resin to prevent rust and corrosion.
10. Comes with instructions, stainless steel key, and 11 stainless steel lag bolts for installation.
A seven inch hole saw will work the best, it cuts a perfect circle and cuts down on installation time. This piece is sold in the BoT RoP Store. A jig saw and reciprocating saw are great options for installation. This type of reciprocating saw blade is essential for a perfect cut. BoT RoP can be installed in composite, PVC vinyl, aluminum, and wood decking. The pier mount model may be installed on any wood, steel, pvc, or aluminum piling.
What size boat can BoT RoP® support?
Anywhere from 35 feet and below or 7500 pounds and below. If you are looking to tie up a house boat or large cruiser, I recommend changing out the rope to a 1/2-3/4th's inch diameter line.
What is BoT RoP® made out of?
The device is made out of stainless steel, steel, and aluminum all coated in an epoxy resin that is powder coated and baked in an oven to preserve the integrity of all the metals in order to restrain corrosion, rust, and damage.
How do I change out the rope?
Changing out the rope is simple. Pull the existing rope completely out and lock the spool into place with the set screw. From there, unscrew the rope attachment and install the new rope. lastly, unscrew the set screw to release the rope back into the canister. (See Instructions)
Can BoT RoP® be used in salt water applications?
BoT RoP® can be used in fresh or salt water. It has stainless steel and aluminum that is coated to prevent corrosion and rust.
With what type of line does the device come?
It comes with a 7/16 inch white, double braided, nylon rope that is "end whipped" at the base of the splice for extra support. The
9 1/2 foot line will either have a coated customized snap hook or an eye at the end for mooring.
May I use my own Rope?
Yes. If you want to install a larger or smaller line made from different material, that is fine. Just make sure the line can extend all the way without exceeding the spring's elasticity.
Is there a warranty?
There is a 1 year warranty on BoT RoP®, contingent on the device being used only for mooring boats in the specified weight and length class. BoT RoP® LLC will also replace parts for free 1 year after the original date of purchase.